I Wonder

Monday, April 20, 2009
Two updates in one day! What is this world coming to?

In high school, I had a few friends at school. Elise, Aharon, Nick, and a few others. But my closest friends were a group of six of us from church. Myself, Kadie, Micah, Jamie, Chelsea, and Vince. We hung out all the time. It was a great time. I had such a blast with them and made some great memories. However, after Jamie and I graduated, we started to fall apart. Vince didn't come around as much, and adding Aharon to the group kind of threw off our previous dynamic. Eventually, Vince all but disappeared, and Jamie started dating Clare. That kind of pulled him from the group, and with Vince around less and it turning into couples, Chelsea faded away, too. Then Micah and Kadie broke up and it was a hard adjustment because my tight group of friends was no longer the same at all. (Except myself and Kadie) But, life goes on and new groups of friends were made.

On Saturday, Vince's dad died unexpectedly.

Today I went to the funeral home. It was strange to see Vince again. It's probably been 2 years since I saw him and 3 years since we really talked at all. But it was nice, despite the circumstances. It reminded me that life is short and unexpected. And the memories we make and the friends we meet on the way are important in their own time. I can't imagine what Vince is going through, and I wish we were still close and that I could say or do something to help.

Some of the best memories I have of youth group and high school are memories made with Vince and the rest of our group. I only hope that he has memories of his dad that he can reflect on. I know it's not the same, but a memory is better than nothing at all.

He strengthens and sustains, He guards and He guides...You can't outlive Him and you can't live without Him. That's my King!

No comments:

Post a Comment