Moving is a little more painful that it is stressful

Monday, April 20, 2009
I've heard that three of the most stressful events in life are getting married, moving, and having a baby. I'm working on two of the three (I'm not having a baby). While the wedding planning is a slow process that I wish would just go away, the moving part is front and center right now.

Aharon and I have rented a small, one bedroom apartment in Memphis. Aharon has moved in for now as has most of my stuff. Myself and the remainder of my stuff will follow after we're married. It's amazing how well our stuff fits into that apartment. It's almost like the apartment was built around our stuff. Sure, it could be bigger. I could certainly put more space to use. But, it will do. And the fact that our current budget has us ready to buy a house with a 12.5% down payment in July of 2011 is AWESOME. It's totally a God-thing! :)

So anyway, Aharon and I - with the help of some awesome friends/family (My mom, Kadie, Chris, Nick, and Aharic) - got about 90% of Aharon's things and 50% of my things to the apartment this week, with the majority of it happening on Saturday. Aharon was originally scheduled to work 6 am to 3 pm Friday and Saturday, but due to parts not coming in, he got out at 10 on Friday and had Saturday off. Not so great for our budget (although it was all overtime that we don't actually account for in our budget) but very good for getting things done.

Some parts were stressful. I still don't know where his Harry Potter box set is or where my crazy-large 90's and early 2000's CD collection is going to go. But overall, it was just painful! It hurts to stand up and walk around. I made the mistake of laying down on the couch and watching TV with my parents last night. I told them it would be like 15 minutes tops. An hour and a half later, I had to force myself to stand up and oh, did it hurt!

2 comments:

KerryBear said...

thats all great and all but I want to see pictures of where you will be living. GO TAKE some and put them on the blog. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw wedding plans. I want to see the house.

Sarah said...

Ok! I'll take some this weekend!

Post a Comment