Blessings

Monday, May 4, 2009
Aharon and I had our wedding shower this weekend. Rather than doing one for my family, one for his family, and one for our church family, we did one big shower. (I'm glad we did because I'm running out of weekends!) While it was a bit of a headache to put together, it ended up being wonderful. (Although none of his extended family showed up!)

I have never before felt so blessed and loved. Aharon and I got everything we could possibly need and then some. Our apartment is small - around 350 square feet counting closet space. We went ahead and registered for all the necessities; we knew with the limited space we couldn't really go overboard. But we never thought that every single thing on all three registries would be purchased! And, because Aharon's excellent at visualizing what he's organizing before it's done, everything was put away nicely by him in under 3 hours.

We were a little worried about starting off this way. Neither of us has ever lived away from home, so we didn't have anything that we needed. Aharon was also unemployed until March, so we were concerned about paying for what we were going to have to buy. And with the economy as it is, we didn't expect people to really spend much.

But God had a different idea! In the last three month, Aharon and I were able to purchase - without touching our savings - my wedding dress, a suit for him, new tires for both of our cars, some much needed repairs for his car, a new HDTV, and a bed frame and mattress set. And then the shower provided every single thing we still needed for our apartment!

We are both so thankful.

And once I finish setting up and organizing the bedroom I will get some pictures up! Promise! But right now you do not want to see that disaster area!

1 comment:

KerryBear said...

Isn't it amazing the power of prayer!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Post a Comment