Why I Am Not Good at Accomplishing Things On Time

Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I think the most difficult thing about wedding planning is not the staying under-budget part. It's the time management part. Seriously. I suck at that so bad.
  1. We need to meet with the photographer and figure out what's going on with that!
  2. I need to email the caterer and get an idea of how tables will be set up so that I can order tulle, lights, and candles for the tables.
  3. I also need to order whatever I'm going to decorate the church with!
  4. I need to sign a contract with somebody for my great fiasco alternative idea. Since Aharon didn't like my original idea.
  5. We need to FIND AN APARTMENT.
  6. Aharon needs to find a suit and shoes that he likes.
  7. We need to find ties for all the guys.
  8. I need to figure out what I'm doing for wedding party flowers and get them ordered.
  9. Shower invitations need to be finished and mailed.
  10. We need to get wedding invitations assembled and mailed pretty soon.
  11. I need to produce the slide show...which also involves hours of scanning in pictures from the 20 years or so that Aharon and I lived through without digital cameras.
Also, I need to write a research paper...in the next 8 days. I haven't started yet.

And Aharon works about 50 hours a week so finding time for him and I to work together is never going to happen!

5 comments:

patricenicole said...

Make good use of family and friends! Take a load off. Ask someone if they can help you with invites, catering, and decorations. I know you'll want to oversee everything, but try to get some people to do little tasks for you so you're not so overwhelmed. It'll be okay! Believe me, I'm already freaking out about mine and it's a year and a half away.

patricenicole said...

Also, where do you guys plan on living? What area?

Sarah said...

I have slowly been trying to hand stuff off to people. I just feel like it's my job, though, ya know? And we're planning on staying in Memphis for now since that's where we're both working.

patricenicole said...

I understand that. But I'm sure there are a plethora of women in your family willing to help out a ton! Or dudes. Whatever.
Apartments in Memphis? How much have the ones you've looked for been per month?

Sarah said...

They're ranging between $395 and $455 per month for a one bedroom. We haven't actually looked at any of them yet, though. We need to get on that!!

Post a Comment